Our Garden Kitchen Restaurant has a delicious seasonal menu, based around the finest local ingredients the South West has to offer. We use the spelt harvested at our organic farm, Sharpham Park, as a basis for many of our dishes due to its health benefits, versatility and delicious taste!
You'll find our menu changes regularly as we like to work with what's in season: our summer spelt salads are full of greens and fresh tomatoes, while in winter we'll treat you to hearty pumpkin risotto made using our Pearled Spelt.
If you are feeling well, please venture out to come and support us.
General Covid InformationWe have conducted a full risk assessment in line with the government guidance on reopening eateries, and have reduced our capacity in the restaurant in order to increase social distancing. We will be serving our food to eat on-site or take away from a slightly reduced menu. We are not operating a booking system as we have much reduced capacity, so please join the restaurant queue and wait to be seated or have a take-away. If we are unable to seat you we may ask you to return when things are quieter. We’re taking hygiene incredibly seriously, so we thought we’d share with you our key endeavours:
- Every member of staff is hand-washing at least every hour, and before and after serving every customer, alongside normal food and beverage protocol.
- As part of the government guidelines, we will ask for the contact details of one member of each party – this will be stored for 21 days securely and then destroyed.
- Please follow Government guidelines and do not meet up with people from outside your household
- Every table, salt & pepper mill and chair is cleaned every time a table is vacated.
- We are also using a ‘Bio Mister’ regularly. This very clever device disinfects and kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses on every surface in a room and also remains active on surfaces for 72 hours.
- We’re regularly cleaning door handles, all surfaces, door frames, menus, menu board, cake covers and utensils, the credit card machine, operating systems, fridge handles, the coffee machine and hot water urn.
- Our antique hand painted tables have a wax finish – please don’t be alarmed if the surface feels very slightly tacky, it is simply the wax finish and will have been completely sterilised before you sit down.
- You will be asked to collect your food from the table when it is ready.