D. R. HARRIS | FIND US IN THE GREAT HOUSE
Founded as apothecaries in 1790, D. R. Harris was founded by cousins Henry Harris, a surgeon, and Daniel Rotely Harris, an early pharmaceutical chemist. Daniel Rotely Harris, the company’s namesake was one of the earliest pharmacists in England and D. R. Harris is the oldest remaining pharmacy in London.
D. R. Harris has always been on, or just off, St. James’s Street in London, an area known for its gentleman’s clubs and fashionable shops. From the earliest days, toilet waters and colognes would have been produced alongside remedies and medicines; some of these earliest products are still sold today such as Classic Cologne and Old English Lavender Water. D. R. Harris has held Royal Warrants to the Royal family since 1938 and continues to do so to this day having been granted the Royal Warrant to HRH The Prince of Wales in 2002 and Her Majesty The Queen in 2012.